Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finally... Mystery Solved! & KNIT PICKS ROCKS!

I have had this set of double pointed needles from Knit Picks for over two years... I think!   These are actual e-mails between me and Knit Picks customer service after my alarming discovery the other night (Sunday)


Original E-mail:
FROM: Kim Fluck

DATE: 10/16/2011 06:25 PM
SUBJECT: Problem with an order
PRODUCT No:  ?
Hello Wonderful Knit Picks Person:

I've had my set of 6" double pointed sock needles set for quite some time and I just realized my set came with two pairs of size 3.00 mm (instead of just one pair). The size that is missing is 2.50 mm. Some times I'll knit a pair of socks on two sets of dpns. I was using my 2.75 mm bamboo needles and what I thought were my Harmony 2.75 mm needles... no wonder that one sock turned out bigger!!!! It was not just my imagination. Can you please help me resolve this? I am sorry I did not realize the discrepancy in my set sooner. I look forward to hearing back. Your loyal customer, Kim Fluck
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right away, I received a computer generated reply indicating they had received my e-mail and would get back with me very soon. If for some reason I did not hear back, I was encouraged to call their toll-free number.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today... I received this reply from Knit Picks:

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:37:49 -0700
From: customerservice@knitpicks.com
To: Kim Fluck
Subject: RE: Problem with an order

Dear Kim Fluck,

I am sorry to hear that your 6" DPN Set was incomplete. I can send you a replacement set of 2.5mm. Should I ship to: (my address)

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Amber
Knit Picks Customer Service
----------------------------------------------------------------
My reply on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hi Amber!


Yes, that's great! Thank you so much! The size is correct and the address is correct. Thank you so much. I will continue to tell folks I know and new knitters I meet... how wonderful a company Knit Picks is.

Sincerely... from a happy and satisfied customer...

Kim :)
***********************************************************
Well, there you have it! In case you did not already know, Knit Picks rocks!

From Knits Picks, I have purchased:
  • sock needle set (pictured above)
  •  lots of double pointed needles (my mom got me the set of interchangeable needles with cables)
  • sock kits (yarn and patterns)
  • kits to make Christmas stockings (yarn and patterns)
  • books, book, books
  • Oh, I know there is more... but I can't think of it all right now, but all of it has been great!
So here is my promise to Knit Picks... to tell you all how great they are.

Side note:  Do you have the wooden Harmony needles from Knit Picks (set of interchangeable needles) like I do? I've known knitters whose needles have broken and they've called customer service at Knit Picks. And in all instances, I have been told, the knitter was mailed replacement needle(s) without sending in the broken needle(s) for proof.  So there you go.... KNIT PICKS ROCKS!

No comments: